A little bit about me

My name is Stephen Burrough and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in the College of Education. My intentions are to become a High School History Teacher when I graduate. I also intend to get my Masters Degree after I have been teaching for a few years.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Teach not Talk

I feel that this is one of the things that separate a good teacher from a great teacher. I have had countless classes where the teachers just get up in front of the class and talk. Then you have the teachers who get in front of the class and teach. In my opinion this makes the learning process much more enjoyable when the teacher is not just talking at you but is talking to you. I think you have to figure out how your students learn and cater to the way they learn best, not just the way you feel you teach best. Students are changing and I think you need to change with them to be an effective teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment